NTHW Gaming Banner
GotW™ : PUBG (or perhaps BF V)

Author Topic: FNG™  (Read 206116 times)

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
Re: FNG™
« Reply #3060 on: 20 July 2018, 06:31: PM »
i will be on, but i have massive issues with the game atm.

You're shit at it?
:lol:
I may be on later but have a meal out first and have to get up at silly o'clock to get to Bournemouth for 8:30am tomorrow.
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #3061 on: 03 August 2018, 06:44: PM »
I'll prolly be on round 8 :)

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #3062 on: 24 August 2018, 05:00: PM »
On later :)

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #3063 on: 24 August 2018, 06:17: PM »
Ready willing and able, got the whole weekend 3 full days ;D

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #3064 on: 31 August 2018, 06:28: PM »
On ;D

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #3065 on: 31 August 2018, 06:46: PM »
Off, back in a bit

Offline Vantage

• [NTHW] Clan
    • Rollup rollup get your print ere.
« Reply #3066 on: 31 August 2018, 09:39: PM »
on
Who the fuck where the fuck what the fuck.

Offline Spanner

• Hungover
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Worst.Shot.Ever
« Reply #3067 on: 01 September 2018, 03:27: AM »
Another Friday, and just Vantage and myself on!

Is NTHW still a thing?

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #3068 on: 01 September 2018, 10:32: AM »
Well it's a long time since I missed an FNG night so  :P :P :P :P  ;D

Offline Spanner

• Hungover
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Worst.Shot.Ever
« Reply #3069 on: 01 September 2018, 12:50: PM »
There justs seems to only be a few, 4 at the most nowadays. Friday is about the only night i can guarantee I'll be about.

Have we all moved on?

Offline Spanner

• Hungover
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Worst.Shot.Ever
« Reply #3070 on: 01 September 2018, 12:54: PM »
Myself and Vantage have been playing allsorts recently. Last night we finished co-op Portal 2 (I think?!) and had a good blast on Left 4 Dead 2.

I think we all have steam, there's plenty of stuff to play and enjoy. Or are we just waiting for this mythical Dice/EA beast to drop a decent Battlefield that'll bring us all back.

I think there are people in NTHW who I don't think I have spoken to in over a year!

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #3071 on: 01 September 2018, 04:17: PM »
It is deffo getting harder to get people on, whether that's game choice or just that they don't want to game / or with us, we had a good FNG the other week with the custom servers, all involved said it was a good night, before we even got to play a second leg people vanished, and now it only takes 8 to start a server it would be easier to get a NTHW game going, you would have thought ?

The days of a full clan are sadly gone I think, I even tried recruiting people but they come and go, no idea what the fix is, if there is one, BF 5 COD ? we'll have to see.

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #3072 on: 01 September 2018, 05:44: PM »
am in Holland currently so won't be able to play for another week, but will reinstall L4D2 again and will have a look at what other games I have as I don't fancy pubg.

Offline Spanner

• Hungover
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Worst.Shot.Ever
« Reply #3073 on: 01 September 2018, 06:10: PM »
Even the forum seems dead!

Online MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #3074 on: 01 September 2018, 07:14: PM »
I don't know if there is an answer, but the lack of activity on this forum is telling.  Facebook seems to be more attractive.  But we've also gone through the summer months when other things get in the way.  It's inevitable that a few people will have fallen by the wayside as real life creates other interests.  The struggle started a few years ago as BF4 got tedious but the later FPS games not living up to expectations, but that has nothing to do with ability or otherwise to run servers as we've previously played many enjoyable games on public servers. 

It does seem that our gaming interests have diversified.  We've tried going back to older FPS, but interest soon wanes after only a week or two inevitably we want modern graphics, and feel the older gaming is a backward step and great only for a novelty.  The active few clanners like PUBG, but others do not (and some like me hate it).  Regrettably, the squadplay of PUBG, whilst undoubtedly the attraction of the game for those that love it, discourages the larger teamspeak group banter that I think was our real forte, and indeed we've had previous commentary that non players can become unwelcome.  Unfortunately, and it's painful to say it, but that does discourages non PUBG players from even coming online and saying hello.

I don't know, and don't expect, that any new upcoming game will resurrect things.  I'll take a look at the BF V beta and see what I think.  CoD became a failure years ago with the kill streak perks.  Maybe, as I've been doing now for a while I'll just be playing World of Warships or Cities:Skylines.
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline Dutchie

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #3075 on: 01 September 2018, 08:00: PM »
yeah MGP with you on that I am playing a fair bit of World of Tanks again, but again the interest in that will fail again soon, currently just dont know what games I feel playing got a lot but sometimes the motivation to play any isn't there.

L4D2 is good but again limited to only having 4 people on a team so can't play it as a full clan game.

Forum wise yes it has been quiet, haven't seen Squeak, Frenchie, Craig, Ste, Lex or others spam for a long time, and if there are posts on the forum 9 outta 10 times it is in the PUBG area of the forum.

Offline Vantage

• [NTHW] Clan
    • Rollup rollup get your print ere.
« Reply #3076 on: 02 September 2018, 12:43: AM »
Does it matter really what the game is if we just get together in one game and have a laugh together on TS then job done. I mainly play PUBG because that's what others are playing sorry BOP but I can take it or leave it but I'm actively there in part playing it to keep us together I suppose. I've not had more fun recently playing (as said by spanner) portal and L4D2 so who needs the latest cutting edge game to bring us together. Do we need some platytime rules laying out haha?

The most disappointing is that the LAN is of no interest to at least half the clan. I just feel like cancelling it though lack of interest.
« Last Edit: 02 September 2018, 12:46: AM by Vantage »
Who the fuck where the fuck what the fuck.

Online MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #3077 on: 07 September 2018, 11:49: AM »
Having fought with my PC last night 'cos it was so long since it had played a FPS, I'm now ready for you all to shoot me in tonight's ongoing BFV testing.

Offline Spanner

• Hungover
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Worst.Shot.Ever
« Reply #3078 on: 07 September 2018, 01:08: PM »
Can't make tonight, got a Battle of Britain function in the mess tonight, I may be a little refreshed!

Online MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #3079 on: 07 September 2018, 01:48: PM »
Can't make tonight, got a Battle of Britain function in the mess tonight, I may be a little refreshed!
Enjoy, but being refreshed is surely the status quo :drunk: