naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: Star Wars Squadrons  (Read 566 times)

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
Star Wars Squadrons
« on: 22 July 2020, 03:25: PM »
Shame I don't play computer games much anymore as this would pique my interest:

Why to get it :
At last a modern game you can actually fly freely the X-Wing and Tie Fighter in space combat :tu:

Why not to get it:
EA, but they seem to have learnt not to do the Pay to Win stuff,
I'd get mullered
You need quite a potent PC for decent FPS graphics
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
Re: Star Wars Squadrons
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2020, 04:27: PM »
Look's good, I will admit that but it's EA so won't be getting bought as it will be infested with Micro Transactions.

I know they simply "Unlock by simply playing the game" which is something these day's that has to be advertised and praised  :rofl: but the same was said about Battlefield and they still sold "Kit's" so you didn't have to play the game to unlock weapons, attachments and skins etc, you could just buy them at level 1 and have access to stuff that only should, be had by players level 100 or what ever it was.

Not to mention that it's going to be full of bugs and other broken stuff that will never be fixed, again look at Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Medal Of Honour,  Need For Speed and many more that have had bugs in them years after release that have never been fixed, and I know other games have issues as well but EA is by far the worse in recent history.

So for me it's a "Wouldn't touch it with my own 10 foot barge pole never mind someone elses"

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2020, 06:30: PM »
It star Wars, I can fly an xwing and a tie fighter, im buying it

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 07 August 2020, 09:48: PM »
I'm on Origin Access Premium, so I'll probably get a beta invite for this. I'll let you all know what I think. My first PC game was X-Wing back in the day, I actually went out and bought a soundcard and joystick (which back the, plugged into the MIDI port of the soundcard) just to play it.

It will be interesting to see how EA have gone for the controls set up, previously they have favoured gamepad or kb/mouse, which is fine, if they have added HOTAS support, then this is a winner for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal