naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: Aargh - It just power cycles  (Read 1964 times)

Online damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
Re: Aargh - It just power cycles
« Reply #20 on: 19 June 2020, 02:46: PM »
If that battery you put in last year is dead already then you either had a shit battery or your board is borked and using to much power to store bios settings, meaning you need to get that wallet open and upgrade  :rofl:

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #21 on: 19 June 2020, 04:28: PM »
I bought the mb / cpu etc late 2015.  I need it to do at least a couple more years.  If Rammy can make his last almost 10 years mine is still in its prime.

At least I now recognise the signs of failure and a £2 battery is not going to break the bank unlike a replacement motherboard cpu ram upgrade
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Online damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #22 on: 19 June 2020, 04:53: PM »
I bought the mb / cpu etc late 2015.  I need it to do at least a couple more years.  If Rammy can make his last almost 10 years mine is still in its prime.

At least I now recognise the signs of failure and a £2 battery is not going to break the bank unlike a replacement motherboard cpu ram upgrade

Who put 50p in the common sense machine  :rofl:

In reality though I understand what your saying, but honestly I would be looking at getting rid soon because it may only be a matter of time before it decides it's had enough.

I priced up for Bop the other day Mobo, CPU, Ram and it came out to around £800'ish I think but I could double check.

The thing is these days unless you want that extra 5% performance in games, there is no reason not to go AMD.

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #23 on: 19 June 2020, 05:01: PM »
At the moment I have a lot better things to do with £800 than an upgrade.  I know what you are saying though that there is a reliability risk.  If push comes to shove I have a good laptop, it's just not very convenient for all this home working lark.  And yes, when I don't need that last bit of power it does seem that AMD CPUs are the the better value.
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal