naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: Halo The Master Chief Collection  (Read 243 times)

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
Halo The Master Chief Collection
« on: 03 December 2019, 01:09: PM »
Anyone else going to be playing this tonight?

I am looking forward to playing Reach tonight finally on the PC.

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
Re: Halo The Master Chief Collection
« Reply #1 on: 03 December 2019, 01:26: PM »
Not for me :(

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Semi retired :)
« Reply #2 on: 03 December 2019, 10:02: PM »
Prolly not for me. Sorry :(
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Online MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #3 on: 04 December 2019, 11:39: AM »
I played the original Halo on the original Xbox - it was after all the launch game that probably made the Xbox popular.  I was crap at it, even on easy (what did you expect).  Never bothered with the console much after that and to be honest apart from the initial issues of dealing with "the flood" much of the game didn't appeal.  Bottom line I just don't relate to sci fi type games.

This would be a port from console to PC.  Given the widespread criticism made over the years that games are written for console before port to PC and thus don't make use of or aren't properly optimised for the PC's capabilities, I struggle to understand why anyone would be excited about old games being re-worked for a different platform.  Just play it on the console it was designed for.  Or am I missing something?
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #4 on: 04 December 2019, 04:48: PM »
These have been ported over but they have basically spent the last year working on them.

Only Halo Reach is available at the moment and I played it abit last night and it played extremely well compared to how it played on the console.

If you liked the games on the console but prefer the pc platform then you will like them, but if you didn't like them on the console then playing on the pc is not going to be any different other than it running better and having keyboard and mouse.

The thing with these games is, that only Halo 1 and Halo 2 were ever released on the PC but with this collection there is also Halo 3, Reach and Halo 4, so you get all the FPS Halo games except for Halo 5 for £30 which is not bad.

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 07 December 2019, 09:11: PM »
Yes, got this, only played the 1st campaign mission - no real time to play much at the moment...