naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner
GotW™ : CoD 4

Author Topic: Battlefield V  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Vantage

• [NTHW] Clan
    • Rollup rollup get your print ere.
Re: Battlefield V
« Reply #40 on: 08 September 2018, 01:15: PM »
I thought it was/is really good. Played smooth, looks amazing. I can actually see enemies which is always a bonus!

I will be buying it as I think it definitley has a lot of potential, be great to play with a bunch of people again!

:tu:
Who the fuck where the fuck what the fuck.

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #41 on: 11 September 2018, 10:52: AM »
***WARNING SWEARING INVOLVED***

EA have seriously just stopped me from buying all of the games published by them in the future and I will not be installing or playing any game that I own published by them.

There whole racist, social justice warrior bullshit has just quite simply pissed me the fuck off, it was bad enough in the Star Wars game but this has just took that annoyance and turned it to pure hatred.

If people don't know, EA and Dice have decided that you are not allowed to type "White Man" in the chat and other words which are not
offensive or racial slurs etc, but typing "Black Man" and others is perfectly acceptable.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/09/08/battlefield-v-censors-words-like-nazi-and-white-man-for-some-bizarre-reason/#37b096d667ec

As far as I am concerned EA and Dice are no longer companies that I will have anything to do with, and I will say it now I will not financially support a company doing that.

I don't care that they are "Going to look in to it" it's bullshit that there are words being censored in the first place that are not offensive or slurs etc, I can understand certain words being censored automatically but when you cannot type "LAG" in the chat, it's to much and frankly highly fucking annoying.

Chalk another one up to the precious little snowflakes in the world who get offended just by looking in a dictionary because it has "mean words" in it.

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #42 on: 11 September 2018, 11:28: AM »
It sounds as if the current filter is simply not fit for purpose.  But that same article shows the EA/DICE are aware they need to tweak it.  Who knows if it is working simply off a "black list" (oops is that not allowed these days) of words, or if there is some algorithm that is looking more at the context of wording. If the former, someone is simply incompetent in their choice of the words entered, if the latter then it's more challenging, but these days I suspect simple lists aren't enough.   Many online forums have filters but those that are text based so often get bypassed by users simply substituting odd characters.

But the reality is, regardless of today's snowflake mentality, that so much stuff that is seen in the in game chat of any online game is offensive and unnecessary.  Too many keyboard warriors feel that it is reasonable to launch into tirades of abuse just because they don't like the way another player goes about their game.  I will frequently leave a game because of it.  It's one of the reasons I preferred our ability to run game servers, not because of the cheaters (I still all these years later have difficulty recognising one), but because of unneeded insults.  Banter is one thing, but inevitably in game chat on public servers is not nice, and if said in public on the street should get someone into a lot of trouble.

So for me, I'd rather have an over zealous filter in place than one that is has no effect at all.

Oh and that article linked to clearly shows the author has no understanding of the legislation in Germany that prevents the use of the nazi symbolism.  This is not erasing history by EA and other publishers, more an issue of whether what is a game can actually be sold worldwide.
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline Spanner

• Hungover
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Worst.Shot.Ever
« Reply #43 on: 11 September 2018, 06:25: PM »
I don't remember the last time I typed in any ingame chat! I think it's the first thing I turn off!

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #44 on: 11 September 2018, 09:22: PM »
1997 (iirc) for me
The original Unreal in online multiplayer mode :)
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #45 on: 12 September 2018, 02:28: PM »
If I am playing a game with the clan I don't use it, but when just playing on my own I use it quite often and some of the conversations have been pretty funny.

The game has a 18+ rating, so speech in the game is not filtered as in you here your characther etc swearing especially in the campaigns and text chat has never been filtered so much before, I know that it has been filtered in the past by the game and the server admins, could add words to a filter list to automatically censor or kick a user for such words.

This system though is pathetic and yet another attack on being born a specific gender and skin colour and the fact that EA if it wasn't there decision has allowed this happen, just shows how low they have gone and if it was Dice that agreed to put it in from EA then they should have done the same as CD Projekt Red and have a spine and said NO.

I have no respect for any company involved in it, and to be honest if I could play the games I play on Linux I would switch to that in a heart beat to get away from Microsoft and it's pathetic, let's appease the SJW's.

Some of the SJW's idea's are fine and I agree with them on some thing's, but when they ruin films, music, games, tv and other aspect's of entertainment then as far as I am concerned they should all have done to them, what they want done to "White Men".

End of that rant.

EA can go jump of a cliff, as it is up to now I know of 80 people who have cancelled pre-orders for all EA published games, ranging from just £80 to one guy who has pre-ordered nearly £670 worth of games and DLC's, it's only small change to them but they really have stirred up a hornet's nest with this, and EA and Dice week's ago had already said they were pretty much expecting BF5 to fail, well this certainly has helped it to fail before it's even released.

Offline Scary

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Boo scared ya
« Reply #46 on: 15 September 2018, 09:37: AM »
What ever happened to just trying a game, if you like it buy it, if you don't like it don't buy it. to much politics for my liking. dont care if i play as man or woman color creed aslong as the game is fun

Offline Pabs87

• [NTHW] Clan
Battlefield 5
« Reply #47 on: 02 November 2018, 05:29: AM »
I couldn't find any previous threads about this game so made a new one.
I found this video about the starting maps for this game and was wondering if everyone is getting it or just a few people?
I have pre-ordered it myself and honestly I can't wait  :D

[0]=68.ARCJ6KCxti0KM9GBcSt-_dU8EoE0oU1GzZ9w3rGQiXk84SsjQB6_eH9uQz67QvBk6PM99iMzTxhXxILCAB40kYjttzLz1QyfbDNoXxydZ4ohHu9YIWZUUVAJo9dMmk0UAoo9nNwW7xBocxl_N8_rh0EvgtFpMwmQHAZ3FEjKkVnhNrGQZkMZ6lfkob_mlNYh1NnK7DIdchO60uA&__tn__=FC-R

Offline Spanner

• Hungover
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Worst.Shot.Ever
Re: Battlefield 5
« Reply #48 on: 02 November 2018, 08:29: AM »
I'll wait for the reviews I think! Then give it a while

Offline bopdude

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Too old for this shit
« Reply #49 on: 02 November 2018, 08:30: AM »
There are a few posts somewhere ? A few of us have played the beta, it wasn't too bad, not sure who will be getting it though ?

Offline Spanner

• Hungover
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Worst.Shot.Ever
« Reply #50 on: 02 November 2018, 01:18: PM »
Assuming the reviews are good, then I will. I'm not wasting £50 on another BF1 PoS

Offline Pabs87

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #51 on: 02 November 2018, 01:34: PM »
Assuming the reviews are good, then I will. I'm not wasting £50 on another BF1 PoS

I understand you completely with regards to that Spanner but I think things are different with BF5 as I played it for 8 hours straight on the beta then had some food then went back on it till I went to bed and then did the same the following day  :D It is of course each to their own but this game at least felt a lot like the older games did

Offline Spanner

• Hungover
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Worst.Shot.Ever
« Reply #52 on: 02 November 2018, 01:46: PM »
I thought the Beta was a bit meh, wasn't bad, but didn't feel like it was BF. I want HUUUGE maps, loads of planes, tanks etc. The Beta was anything but., just a taster of what Rush would be like.

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #53 on: 02 November 2018, 04:16: PM »
I would love BFV to be a great game but am not holding my breath.  I will definitely await reviews of the actual game, rather than previews before I part with cash.

BFV was for me OK on the beta, and had a lot more appeal than BF1. Simply the fact that you didn't need shedloasd of players to be effective in a vehicle was good.  but I agree with Spanner that it mostly seemed to be derivatives of Rush, and that there were only a couple of maps doesn't give you a good feel for things.  Certainly for the one map that had planes, the play area was too small for them. Both of the maps and games were heavy on infantry roles, perhaps good, but as a result lost the all encompassing scale the big 64 player maps should have in Battlefield.

I know BFV is supposed to have a Battle Royale mode, but if that is like PUBG run around in the hope you find a weapon only to get shot and have to start a new round, then you can count me out of that.

I also have heard nothing as to how, or if, servers would operate, even the ability to meet and play with friends.  Through PUBG the clan has got used to the idea that our own server isn't that useful, especially when you need more people than we have to get a game running effectively.

Note threads merged ;)

Offline Spanner

• Hungover
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Worst.Shot.Ever

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #55 on: 09 November 2018, 04:02: PM »
So EA issued a form of apology around the censoring of words in the chat, and I looked in to it and it makes sense what the issue was, and apparently it has or will be resolved although I have not tried typing anything in the chat yet.

By that you can probably gather that I have purchased it.

So what do I think of it?

Graphic's

They are using mid to high res textures, for alot of stuff and I believe the only way to get the better res textures is with a RTX card from nVidia which I am not about, to go out and buy considering the stupidly high cash cow killing prices.

The graphics are better by about 15% than the beta, but not where I believe they should be when you run it at Ultra for me. My frame rate should not be getting up to the cap of 200fps with everything set to Ultra except AA and HBAO.

It should be in the 90's considering this game is a 2018 game and I know alot of people will say that it's good that the graphics are not so demanding, as it will mean they can run it.
I understand that but that is what the low to medium quality settings are for, Ultra should mean phenominal quality and this just isn't.

Sound

The sound issue's that I noticed in the beta have been fixed thankfully and the sound is pretty good, although I need to play it more to get a final thought on it.

Controls/Keybinds

These are a mess, like most Battlefield games it is going to take day's probably to get the controls where you want them to be, but just for an idea "C" is to heal not crouch, "LCTRL" is 1 variant of crouching as well as "X" and another button. "Z" is prone instead of "LCTRL" but these are personal choices for me but if like me you use those buttons for crouch and prone then you will need to rebind them.

Toggle (ADS etc)

These again are in a wierd spot and you need to look for "Soldier Zoom" or something like that and then set them how you want.

Gamemodes

Up to now I have only seen and played "Softcore", I have not seen or played any "Hardcore" modes so I cannot comment on them, but I have played "Conquest" and "TDM" and I have to say they are not bad, although the amount of bullets especially from snipers does leave a fair bit to be desired.

Servers

Not seen anything about the ability to rent or customise so again cannot comment, but I did look for a server for a game of TDM and found only 1 at the time which was in America and had a ping of 90ms, so I jumped on it and other than a constant icon for "High Latency" the servers felt smooth and I ended that game even with a ping close to 100ms with a score of 17 kills 12 deaths.

ADSL or other phone line broadband users may not fair so well on high ping servers though.

Performance

This is the big one, now the game officially has not released yet but those with Origin Access Premium (£15pcm/£90py) can play today, and if you want to try the game before buying I would suggest signing up to it for 1 month and then if you don't like it, it's only cost you £15 rather than £40 to £70 dependant on where you get it from.

So because it has not "Officially" released it will probably have a big patch in a few day's to help with the small performance issues I noticed, but for now it's running pretty damn good.

I mentioned frame rate earlier, I am running at 1920x1080 Ultra settings on a 1080Ti so not a slow card, and I am not sure what Pabs or Velocity are running but they said it was running fine for them other than the occasional frame drop which I also experienced.

So the performance issues I have noticed so far:

1: Frame Drop's occasionally, from ~170 down to ~50 at one point but then back up to ~170
2: Hit Reg, this one is something I think is related to being techically not officially released yet and will get resolved eventually but occasionally, the shot's will not register or will register on you behind wall's.
3: Desync, no where near as bad as other games or even older BF games but it's there occasionally.
4: Latency, this hopefully will be resolved when more servers are rented if they can be, or even brought online when it officially releases but generally my ping has been around 30ms occasionally rising to over 60ms and back down to around 30ms.

So overall at the moment, it doesn't seem to bad but I will just wait to see if they do the typical thing that dev's do lately and that is take something that isn't broke and break it, or as it's Dice fix one thing and break many many many other things.

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #56 on: 09 November 2018, 05:18: PM »
By that you can probably gather that I have purchased it.

I knew you wouldn't be able to hold out :D

I know you are very into your hardware and therefore for you how the game runs is a serious factor.  Your initial analysis is very much based on the techy aspects of the game and that is great and useful.

But for me it should all be about gameplay.  Paramount is whether it's fun.  Is it tedious, can I understand what I'm supposed to do without reading a manual, is it balanced, too easy or downright impossible, does it suit my lack of ability or does it favour the already invincible player with stupid perks, can I work out what is shooting me and what I have to do about it?  And many other subjective and less subjective matters.  Different games work well for different people and their individual gamestyle so campers don't necessarily enjoy run and gunners and perhaps infantry players don't like being mowed down by the remote vehicle ....

It's interesting you suggest gameplay is softcore.  The limited info I've seen suggests to me that our old interpretations or softcore and hardcore modes are merging.  for example I think BFV was supposed to have greatly reduced health regen, in favour of squad play and reviving.

I haven't seen anything on servers, but if nothing else PUBG has proven we don't need to run servers ourselves, and in many cases it may be more enjoyable on fuller servers with much more going on.

But for me, the jury is still out.  I'm very interested in the game, and it's not going to be the cost, especially as future expansions are part of the price.  But I want to see some proper reviews of the actual game, not preview games.  EA/DICE's trailers are already full of hype statements, awards and stuff of how good and groundbreaking it is.  But that is all from a game that wasn't even released.  I almost think such marketing would be against advertising standards as it's not from a finished product as provided to the public.

Offline Pabs87

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #57 on: 09 November 2018, 05:28: PM »
I can say that I am thoroughly enjoying the game. It is balanced in the way that there are tanks but if you are good at blowing them up then you're sorted or even if you have someone like me in your team then all you have to do is point the tank out to me and I'll get the job done  :D

The only thing about it not being hardcore that I have really noticed is that you don't kill enemies with a headshot as is standard for softcore but regardless it is still a lot of fun and I have already used up half of the 10 hours that I am able to play the game due to being sent an invite by Velocity through Origin Premier as if you have Origin Premier then you get the full game yourself whilst you are paying the subscription and you also get 4 invites for others to play the game for 10 hours.

All I can suggest is play it yourself if anyone has a spare invite to send you and see what you think. If you get an invite it wants you to sign up for Origin access either basic or Premier which I did but then once you have the game just cancel your subscription and you don't pay a penny and you still get to play the 10 hours worth of the game.

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #58 on: 10 November 2018, 04:30: PM »
The issue for me is: Can we all get into the same match relatively easily when there are more than 4 of us on at the same time? Not necessarily squadded up, or even on the same team, just in the same match.

Offline Pabs87

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #59 on: 10 November 2018, 05:30: PM »
Well atm the servers are full due to it not being fully released yet as it's only on Origin Premier but I don't see why we should have any difficulty once it is out properly. We can just search for the correct server to join so that we are all in the same game.