naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner
GotW™ : PUBG

Author Topic: New Camera  (Read 460 times)

Offline IMPz

• [NTHW] Clan
New Camera
« on: 08 March 2018, 10:37: PM »
Hi Guys,

Looking for advice on buying a new camera.  I do not use my camera a lot, mainly holiday and special occasions so an entry level camera would suffice.

I have a Fuji Bridge camera at the moment, nothing wrong with it but I fancy a DSLR. Would I need a telephoto lens to give the same functionality as my bridge camera?

Looking at the

Canon 1300D with 18-55mm lens for £329 or
as above but with a 75-300mm lens inc for £439 both from Curry's

All help and advice gratefully received, because I'm confused

TIA

IMPz

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
Re: New Camera
« Reply #1 on: 09 March 2018, 05:47: PM »
I know not a lot about cameras so can't help here. sorry :(
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline Stormpr00ter

• Space Cadet
  • [NTHW] Clan
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 09 March 2018, 07:09: PM »
Mrs Storm (who is into photography) says you'll be fine with the cheaper option. You'd only need a telephoto lens for taking close-ups of things that are quite far away (like photographing animals & birds, or peeping-tom style photos :D)

HTH

Offline Gottu

• [NTHW] Clan
« Reply #3 on: 09 March 2018, 09:26: PM »
Take a look at the london camera exchange, they have good quality second hand equipment and wil be able to advise what best suits your need

Offline Ramrod

• [NTHW] Clan
  • Full time again :(
« Reply #4 on: 09 March 2018, 10:37: PM »
I bought a really nice camera from them back in '86  :tu:
Step by step, walk the thousand mile road...

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
« Reply #5 on: 10 March 2018, 08:36: AM »
Take a look at the london camera exchange, they have good quality second hand equipment and wil be able to advise what best suits your need

Bit of a long way for Impz to travel   :D

If the store is any good they should let you play with it, or an equivalent at the counter.  You should be able to see what sort of range the standard lens offers and the difference you get from the telephoto zoom. 

It all depends what type of photos you are taking.  The stnadard lens should be fine for most portrait, landscape type things.  If you are more into action stuff then you are often a bit further away and want close up type shots then the telephoto will be better.  Many years ago I got into photography in those days when I had hair and you still put that film stuff into the camera.  I found I was using the telephoto most of the time due to distance between me and my subject.
uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı