naughtygamers
NTHW Gaming Banner

Author Topic: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020  (Read 594 times)

Offline MovedGoalPosts

• Kannon Fodda
  • [NTHW] Clan
    • Ember Big Band
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
« on: 24 August 2020, 12:44: PM »
A game that isn't a console port (although there will be an Xbox version). I also suspect that calling it a game isn't doing it justice.  By the reviews I've seen even Damien's supercomputer could be found wanting, especially if you want all the eye candy turned on.  Oh and it's interesting that you need a very good internet connection as so much of the ground detail is drawn based on satellite imagery via Bing.  Previous versions of MS Flight Sim have had a big niche following.  Bit too pricey just to buy to see what it's all about.

uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ buıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯ,ı

Offline damien c

• [NTHW] Clan
Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2020, 04:14: PM »
Yep it's quite a behemoth of a "Game" with some quite monstrous requirements.

Performance wise on my 3950X, 32Gb Ram, RTX 2080Ti and 1Tb NVME SSD, at I believe 1080p maxed out would be between 20 to 60fps.

Storage wise it uses I believe 90Gb of space but if you have a poor internet connection you can install the "Caches" of the map in sections and that can be anything up to 2TB I believe.

It's not something I am interested in, but I know my dad is "Reviewing" it and will be buying it for himself and he is very happy with it although he does seem to crash quite often.

He flew over where our house is and it was accurate to within about 6 months although there is no streetview data for it on Bing Maps.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal