[NTHW] Gaming Discussions > Computer Gaming

Days of War

(1/11) > >>

MovedGoalPosts:

It's like buses, you wait forever for one and then there are loads:

Another kickstarter project for a WWII shooter:  Days of War

This one, so far, doesn't make so much noise about the map location / setting as Battalion 1944, but still seems to be focusing on the gameplay environment.  Unreal Engine 4 seems to have a lot to answer for.

Stormpr00ter:
The impression I get from the video is that the game is more or less ready for Alpha testing, and the kickstarter is all about funding the finishing touches, server architecture and additional content, maps and so on - and opening up the game for modding/community content creation.

I will have a look at the kickstarter bit, and I may end up backing this one as well :)

A quick look and...

Alpha expected delivery in April ($79/£60)
Beta expected delivery in June ($59/£45)
Steam early access expected delivery in August ($19/£15)

Conversions to sterling very approximate :)

Stormpr00ter:

--- Quote from: Stormpr00ter on 29 February 2016, 07:26: PM ---The impression I get from the video is that the game is more or less ready for Alpha testing, and the kickstarter is all about funding the finishing touches, server architecture and additional content, maps and so on - and opening up the game for modding/community content creation.

I will have a look at the kickstarter bit, and I may end up backing this one as well :)

A quick look and...

Alpha expected delivery in April ($79/£60)
Beta expected delivery in June ($59/£45)
Steam early access expected delivery in August ($19/£15)

Conversions to sterling very approximate :)

--- End quote ---

Done. Pledged for Alpha (Wehrmacht) - it's $79 for the first 50 who pledge (same for US Airborne), after those have been taken, Alpha access is $99

And being the sucker I am, I should have something to show folks at the LAN as we should (but probably won't) be into Beta by then - may help those who haven't taken th plunge to decide whether or not to go for early access on Steam in August, or perhaps wait for full release in December (if their timeline and plan holds out - which it probably won't)

zingle:
I actually think those who code have had enough of the consolisation of PC gaming and its about fucking time. Can I hear AMEN brothers

Spanner:
RAMEN!

Honestly, with the Battallion 1944 and now this, I actually got goosebumps watching it!! These are EXACTLY the games I want to play! Finbally people have realised it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version